I made the smallest size because I just couldn’t get gauge.Â I went down to US #3 to get anywhere close.
Elapsed time on this was a year.Â I put it down last winter, when I couldn’t find the time when I was able to concentrate to work on the cables.Â A few weeks ago, I sat myself down and just pushed through the cables.Â The rest went very quickly.
I used a 2 hole one-row button hole instead of the 3 stated in the pattern.Â I was worried that the hole would be too big and the button would slip out.Â I was correct.
The button band is still a little flimsy and the buttons are prone to slipping out.Â I think some grosgrain ribbon should give the band the structure it needs.
Just in time for fall.