Mom's Red SocksI finally finished Mom’s red socks that I started way back in January. And, yes! they really are that bright and shiny! I took a couple of detours while working on these socks (Fuzzy Feet, 2 socks on 2 circulars, and the start of the Timber Frame). These were primarily my bus project, but I haven’t been riding the bus during the past couple of weeks, so I decided to just sit down and finish them. Yeah! I promised myself that I wouldn’t start the Lorna’s Laces socks for myself until these were finished. What an incentive!

Speaking of Fuzzy Feet, I tossed them in the laundry with some towels earlier this week. They felted quite a bit, but the circumference is still too big. I’ll need to toss them in another load of hot. As you can see, I don’t do a load just to felt, and I’m not very exacting with it either. I also do stuff that people say you shouldn’t do / can’t do (that has just the opposite effect on me). You see, I use a front loading washer. Believe me, stuff felts in a front loading washer. It just takes longer. And if you are actually doing laundry, well, you’re not wasting time nor water.

Our friend Hugh came out from Boston to go to a memorial service for another friend of ours, Richard. We all drove down to Portland for the service this weekend. Since I did the driving, I didn’t get much knitting done this past weekend. We had a great visit with Hugh though, under these very strange circumstances. Hugh will be coming back in the late spring to go on a sailing cruise so the family can scatter Richard’s ashes in the Puget Sound. Martin will go along as Hugh’s second mate.

Not much else happening here. Work has been absolutely crazy. To give you an idea, I have had some of our European users emailing me and asking why I’m still up during their work day. I’ve been spinning a little bit on the Lorna’s Laces rovings while trying to wind down from a long day/night at work. The trick is to not get so involved and forgetting about the time and not getting enough/any sleep as a result!