- Fiber: Foot Notes Unspun! from Fiber Optics Yarns
- Colorway: Stormy Monday Blues
- Fiber Contents: 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon
- Weight: 3.25 oz (package was for 4 oz, but part of it was used for Batts in the Belfry)
- Yardage: 396 yards, pre wet finishing
- Plies: 2
- WPI: don’t know. Didn’t measure, but sock weight.
This was fun to spin, but the fiber blend was slick. Slick as butter left on the counter on a hot August afternoon. But on the other hand, the fiber just flowed straight from the pencil roving and onto the bobbin. The resulting yarn is nice and squishy.
Photo on the left is what the pencil rovings looked like. The big ball of roving is the fiber for this yarn. The greenish bit on the bottom is what remains of the roving from the Batts in the Belfry entry.
The pencil roving was perfect for the challenge since all we had to do was to shove it in the orifice, but that team name was already selected. ;-)