Class 5 Rapids

Warning: No fiber content here.

Not much is happening here. Life has gotten a little too interesting, and not much time for fiber activities. Our old Volvo didn’t pass smog inspection, so there was a mad dash to get a new car. But it was hung up in Oregon during the big ice storm, because we bought it through our credit union up there.

We had looked at a small Yacht Club back during the summer as a possible place to replace the community that we had at The Center for Wooden Boats in Seattle. It was a great group of people to just hang out with, share our passions with boating, and the public programs. The membership coordinator called us up 10 days ago to invite us to the monthly dinner meeting. When we walked through the door, we found out that we were there for the initial interview. Whew! By the end of that, Martin was roped into teaching the Junior Sailing program the next morning, and we were invited on a cruise out this past weekend. I think we are still reeling from all that.

On top of that, we heard from our landlord last week that he is in a housing crunch of his own, and want to move back into our place. We need to vacate premises by March 1st. Ugh! We haven’t even settled in yet! But the good news is that we haven’t fully unpacked yet, so there’s little packing to do.

But the really good news is that found another place. It’s less than a mile away, and scads more room. It doesn’t have the beautiful koi pond, but it does have lots of patios for whatever I feel like — reading, spinning, knitting, or napping. Perhaps we can install a little burbling fountain for meditation purposes.

So, everything culminated this weekend. The cruise out, the sailing instruction, and we took delivery of the new car. All we were waiting for was finding out if our application for the rental was accepted or not.

Today, we signed the lease. Yea!

When we finally thought that we could breath again, Hemingway went into a diabetic seizure again. Martin made a run to the kitty emergency room this afternoon. Hemingway is spending the night at the ER, with a glucose IV. He’s not stabilizing on his own like he did last time. Now, we just wait.

Just in case you think that I’m complaining. I’m not. It just has been a heck of a 10 days. We are still reeling from all of this.