With only two weeks to figure out a fabric, I decided to work from stash. I came up with some Newton’s Country Yarns Cotton Ice (50/50 cotton/rayon) in blue/green/purple (*). I couldn’t figure out what weft to pair with it so I went to my stash and came up with tube of lilac Cottolin (60/40 cotton/linen). Perfect! I knew there was a reason to all that yarn in the garage! (**)
- Newton’s Country Yarns Cotton Ice (50/50 cotton/rayon); blue/green/purple
- Length: 5 yards (measured)
- Width in the Reed: 22″
- Sett: 16 epi
- Reed: 8
- Borgs Cottolin (60/40 cotton/linen), color 169
- Finishing Technique: front load washer on “Quick Wash” cycle, warm/cold; dryer for 15 minutes with jeans; pressed while damp
- Length: 4.2 yards
- Width: 19.5″
Now, I just need to figure out my lining. I think I have some white silk fabric and purple dye in the stash.
* By the way, Newton’s Country website says Cotton Ice is 2100 ypp. When I measured it on my McMorran Yarn Balance, I came up with 1500 ypp.
** It’s scary how much weaving yarn I accumulated in such short order. I’d better get weaving!